Dear Parents and Carers
I hope that you had a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year, and were able to celebrate with friends and family.
Following additional guidance from the Government published this morning, I attach our updated Parent & Staff Guide to reflect the return to school in the enhanced measures. Please do read thoroughly and discuss with your child before they return to school as there are significant changes, including the wearing of face coverings in classrooms, as well as corridors and communal areas.
Thank you as always for your support and your very kind feedback, which is very much appreciated. I wish you and your family a very happy 2022.
I hope you’re enjoying Half Term and have been keeping safe and well despite the increase in Covid cases in the Somerset area.
I wanted to update you on the measures that we will have to put in place in school following the letter which I received this week from Public Health Somerset. This advised that we, along with other schools in Somerset, will operate in ‘Amber Measures’ from after Half Term in order to reduce the transmission of the Covid-19 virus.
I have attached an updated Guide for Staff and Parents, which outlines the changes required to comply with Amber. Please read it with your child, so that they are clear on any changes in routines or procedures from Monday 1st November. We will be in Amber for at least 2 weeks, maybe more. As soon as I know more, I will let you know.
Essentially the key things to note are as follows:
– Start and finish times should be staggered to reduce mixing between students. Therefore the day will start for KS3 at 8.30am, and for KS4 at 8.40am. The school day will end at 3pm for KS3, and for KS4 at 3.10am. For full details see the ‘School Day Timings’ section.
– Face coverings will once again be required in corridors and communal areas until further notice.
– Enhanced cleaning routines will be in place.
– Enrichment activities will continue to take place, but arranged by Year Groups.
– Trips, Residentials, Presentation/Celebration Events etc are suspended until further notice.
– Measures previously in place to reduce mixing which will continue:
o Line-Up for Lessons
o Separate food serving areas/catering points, social areas for Year Groups
o Allocated toilets and gates for Year Groups
o One-way systems in corridors
o No face to face Parent/Subject Evenings
Please be reassured that we have had 20 Covid positive cases in the whole school in the past 10 days. In terms of schools in Somerset this is very low. This is down to the very sensible precautions that we continued to take from September, and the support of our students, parents and the community.
As always, if you have any questions please contact us on the school email. Do enjoy the rest of your week. I hope you get some time to rest and relax with your family.
With my very best wishes,
Mrs Polly Matthews
Court Fields School