Job Description for a Peer Parliament Representative
Peer Parliament reps needs to have the following personal qualities so that they are:
- Friendly and approachable
- Good at listening to everyone
- Able to remember things
- Honest and sensible
As well as these qualities a Peer Parliament rep will need to commit themselves to do the following:
- Attend meetings, turn up on time and be interested
- Listen to the views and opinions of students and bring them to the meeting.
- Report everyone’s ideas and opinions even if they are not your own
- Bring ideas to the meeting that will make the school a better place to be
- Feedback information to your tutor group/house – through issuing the minutes.
- Wear your badge so people know that you are the rep
- Present some assemblies with support from Mr Seaton
- Represent the school at local or national meetings